Building Changes advances equitable responses to housing crises that impact children, youth, and families, with a focus on people of color. We work across and within systems, such as housing, education, and health, to ensure that people experiencing homelessness are effectively served.
Our 2023 Washington State Policy Priorities:
Washington Youth & Families Fund (WYFF)
- Invest an additional $6M in WYFF to support youth and families experiencing homelessness using racially-equitable and trauma-informed strategies. (See our WYFF Policy Brief)
Homeless Student Stability Program (HSSP)
- Invest an additional $5.6M in HSSP and propose updates to support agency collaboration and improve the application process. (See our HSSP Policy Brief)
Project Education Impact (PEI) Workgroup
- Support the PEI workgroup’s 2023 legislative recommendations.
- Invest in behavioral health supports for children, youth, and families experiencing homelessness.
- Continue to support our partners’ work in education, health, housing, and advancing racial equity.