Building Changes advances equitable responses to housing crises that impact children, youth, and families, with a focus on people of color. We work across and within systems, such as housing, education, and health to ensure that people experiencing homelessness are effectively served.
Our 2022 Washington State Policy Priorities:
Homeless Student Stability Program (HSSP)
- Invest an additional $450K in HSSP and students and families experiencing homelessness.
Health Care Consent for Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Under 18
- Ensure unaccompanied homeless youth under 18 can consent to their own health care.
Africatown International’s Centralized Diversion Fund (CDF)
- Support Africatown International’s $1M budget request for CDF operations and flexible assistance for community members experiencing a housing crisis.
Project Education Impact (PEI) Workgroup
- Support the PEI workgroup’s 2022 legislative recommendations.
- Invest in behavioral health supports for children, youth, and families experiencing homelessness.
- Continue to support our partners’ work in education, health, housing, and advancing racial equity.
- Support the creation of new, sustainable, and equitable revenue.