We support equitable policies that will help children, youth, and families leave homelessness behind.
Building Changes advances equitable responses to housing crises that impact children, youth, and families, with a focus on people of color. We work across and within systems, such as housing, education, and health, to ensure that people experiencing homelessness are effectively served.
Our 2021 Washington State Policy Priorities:
Washington State Student & Youth Homelessness COVID-19 Response Fund
- Ensure allocation of $5M in federal emergency relief funding to support the urgent needs of students and youth experiencing homelessness during the pandemic.
Homeless Student Stability Program (HSSP)
- Preserve funding at $4.557M to ensure students and families experiencing homelessness have housing crisis and education supports. (Download HSSP Brief)
Washington Youth & Families Fund (WYFF)
- Preserve funding at $4M to ensure youth and families experiencing homelessness have access to housing crisis supports. (Download WYFF Brief)
Maternity Support Services (MSS)
- Ensure that MSS is not eliminated or reduced especially for pregnant and postpartum individuals of color, those most impacted by COVID-19, and those experiencing housing crises. (Download MSS Brief)
- Support the creation of new, sustainable, and equitable revenue sources.
- Continue to support our partners’ work in education, health, housing, and advancing racial equity.